Lennertz at the premiere of Smurfs: The Lost Village in April 1, 2017
|Birth name||Christopher Joseph Lennertz|
January 2, 1972 (age 46)|
Methuen, Massachusetts, United States
Life and careerEdit
Lennertz was born in Methuen, Massachusetts. He attended Easton Area High School in Easton, Pennsylvania and then the Thornton School of Music at the University of Southern California, where he studied with Academy Award-winner Elmer Bernstein.
Lennertz has written music for a variety of comedies such as Horrible Bosses, Ride Along, as well as Identity Thief, and Think Like A Man. He has also worked on hit family films including Hop, and Alvin and the Chipmunks and critically acclaimed dramas Adam and Thanks For Sharing.
He has worked with artists including Basil Poledouris, Michael Kamen, Ozomatli, Dave Grusin, Alan Menken, The RZA, Five For Fighting, and Alien Ant Farm. His collaboration with Ozomatli on their record Street Signs garnered a Grammy Award for Best Latin Rock Album.
He was named best new composer in 2002 for his score to Clive Barker's Saint Sinner. He won several awards for his 2003 soundtrack to Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, the first of three Medal of Honor games composed by Lennertz. In 2006 he was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Musical Composition in a Series for his score for the pilot of the television series Supernatural, and he is the first recipient of the Film & TV Music Award for Best Score for an Independent Feature Film for Tortilla Heaven.
- Brimstone (1999)
- The Strip (2000)
- Supernatural (2005–present) (with Jay Gruska)
- Revolution (2012)
- Galavant (2015–2016) (with Alan Menken; song lyrics by Glenn Slater)
- Agent Carter (2015–2016)
- Lost in Space (2018) (2018–present)
- Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (2003)
- Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (2004)
- Medal of Honor: European Assault (2005)
- From Russia with Love (2005)
- Gun (2005)
- The Simpsons Game (2007) (with Timothy Michael Wynn, Mark Mothersbaugh, Albert Fox, John Enroth, Duff Gorman, Sid Cuttles, "DJ Poochie Pants", and Silas Hite)
- Warhawk (2007) (with Timothy Michael Wynn)
- Quantum of Solace (2008)
- The Godfather II (2009)
- Mass Effect 2: Overlord (2010)
- Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker (2010)
- The Sims 3: Pets (2011)
- Mass Effect 3 (2012)
- Starhawk (2012)
- Madden NFL 25 (2013)
- Scalebound (2017)
- ↑ "Christopher Lennertz Scoring ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2’", Film Music Reporter, Film Music Reporter (February 15, 2016). Retrieved on 22 March 2016.
- ↑ Christopher Lennertz to score Smurfs: The Lost Village. filmmusicreporter.com. Retrieved on October 11, 2016.
- ↑ Christopher Lennertz to Compose Score & Songs for Kelly Asbury's 'Uglydolls'. filmmusicreporter.com. Retrieved on July 11, 2018.
- ↑ "Christopher Lennertz to Score Eric Kripke’s & J.J. Abrams’ ‘Revolution’".